Strömsbruk’s history 2
Forest resources and products were prominent in Strömsbruk’s next chapter.
The company had good access to forest, as well as to water power.
The old shipping dock in Strömsbruk, the so-called Skutbryggan, had been replaced by a harbour in the nearby village of Stocka.
In 1896 the Lundqvist dynasty began as the dynamic engineer C F Lundqvist took over company leadership. During his management the company grew considerably and its forest resources more than quadrupled.
During WW1 a profitable distillery was added, with an annual capacity of 1 million litres of 190 proof alcohol.
C F Lundqvist’s younger brother, Oscar, took over in 1922 and land transport and shipping were modernised, among other things.